Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Jazz Music Starter Pack

A stack of vinyls, Photo by Joseph Pearson on Unsplash

A few weeks ago, I was going through playlists in Spotify in search of a genre that would fit my mood, and I stumbled across a playlist that included jazz and blues music. This led me to continuously listen to a lot of them, and I am really loving it! 

Don't get me wrong, I've heard at least one here and there before but none of them really captured my interest. I want to share five songs that caught my ears as I first listened. There are a hundred more songs that I love but these are some songs that I listened to before I ventured even more deeper into this genre. 

1. Fly Me To The Moon by Frank Sinatra 

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On a Jupiter and Mars

2. La Vie En Rose by Louis Armstrong

When you press me to your heart
I'm in a world apart
A world where roses bloom

3. Mack the Knife by Bobby Darin

This song is really interesting! It may seem like an upbeat song but it turns out the lyrics are about a murderer. 

Ya know when that shark bites with his teeth, babe

Scarlet billows start to spread
Fancy gloves, oh, wears old MacHeath, babe
So there's never, never a trace of red

4. Everybody Loves Somebody by Dean Martin

Everybody finds somebody someplace
There's no telling where love may appear
Something in my heart keeps saying
My someplace is here


5. Mr Sandman by The Chordettes

Mister Sandman, bring me a dream 
Make him the cutest I've ever seen
Give him two lips like roses in clover
Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over



Do you have any jazz music recommendations? What kind of music do you listen to?
© solivagantic. Design by FCD.