Friday, March 10, 2017

Living without a phone.


I was charging my phone in class when a bottle of oil smashed it down. Now you may be wondering how that happened or how the oil was involved, or why I was even charging my phone during class hours. But that's a story for another time.

However, the screen of my phone cracked into the so called 'spider web art' with one-fourth of the LED screen broken. This led me to spending the rest of my school year (until now!) without a phone. Although I do bring a small keypad phone with me for emergencies. Technically, I don't have a phone because I don't have messages, games, and social media to distract me.

Hard for me to admit, but it did have it's benefits.

I got to be more social and had much more time to do productive things such as writing, reading, and doing some of my homeworks in advance. I became more observant of my surroundings and appreciated the little things I spend my time on when I have nothing to do.

The only disadvantage is when my teachers let us picture the notes on the board or handouts. I'd have the hard time of trying to jot down everything in my notebook before they move on to the next lesson. On the bright side, it helps me remember them more.

All in all, I think this is pretty helpful for me. I'm the type of person who always gets distracted when a phone is placed in front of me. I'd plug in my earphones and listen to music. I forget to look and appreciate my surroundings.


Let me just drop in one of my favorite quote:
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.


with love,
yuki motokane.
© solivagantic. Design by FCD.