Saturday, December 9, 2017

Sea of Strangers by Lang Leav | Review


This is the first poetry book I read by Lang Leav (aside from the few poetry in Love & Misadventure my friend read to me, the quick pages I scanned in book stores, and the book Sad Girls) and I wasn't disappointed. 

It contained the words of heartbreak, love, and life. A mix of prose and poetry yet I enjoyed the prose the most because they really bring out the emotions in you. 

However, I slowed down reading in the middle of the book because some of them were quite repetitive and they sort of reminded me of poetry I'd see in my Facebook feed (don't get me wrong, I like some of them which is why I still follow the pages) but it did achieve staying in my mind as I try to sleep at night, her words were so relatable, simple, and raw.

This made me want to buy her previous books and not just read it on book stores. I would recommend this to people who enjoy reading modern poetry, Rupi Kaur, Atticus, and many more.


 Meant to be
If they were meant to be in your life, nothing could ever make them leave. If they weren't, nothing in the world could make them stay. 

Rating: 3/5
Genre: Poetry 
Goodreads and Amazon (available January 9, 2018) 




Many thanks to Lang Leav, Andrews McMeel Publishing, and NetGalley for providing me a copy in exchange of an honest review. 



Have you read any of Lang Leav's works? What did you think of them? What are your favorite poetry books?


© solivagantic. Design by FCD.