Monday, July 1, 2019

Writing Again

pen on white lined paper selective focus photography
                                                                                                                                                                   photo by Aaron Burden

I've been writing again lately, my journal is filled with the lines of my thoughts and stanzas of poetry that aren't usually there. Oftentimes, they would be uploaded online to my poetry accounts, but now they're between pages, with illegible handwriting and smudged ink, away from the eyes of individuals who don't know me. Readers who only know of my name don't scare me, what scares me are the people who know not only my name but also who I am. 

It's probably one of the reasons I don't write as much here anymore. I used to think I could express myself in words, since I've always been a reserved person and kept my thoughts to myself. Someone who hid herself behind letters and suppressed her emotions with punctuation marks. Now I realize there isn't much difference. Whether I speak or write, people will eventually know who I am. I still don't understand why I'm so afraid. 

While I'm in the process of understanding myself, I'd like to show appreciation to you, reader. It amazes me that there are actually people who are interested in what I have to say.

In other words, what I'm trying to say in this post is that,

I'll be back soon. 

© solivagantic. Design by FCD.