Tuesday, May 30, 2017

On basketball and doses of evil | vol. 4


1. Playing basketball with my mom and titas (aunts.) It's been going on for quite a few days and it's very very fun!

2. I've been listening to the song Congratulations by Post Malone and I am supeeerrrr loving it. I can't help but sing and dance along with it. I am also liking Terror Jr (discovered this one through snapchat, the song Come First was playing in one of the filters) and 11:11, both having electro vibes. Lately, I love listening to rap. But I usually just listen to Eminem and Ali 未来.


3. I renewed my passport because it was expiring soon. My mom was with me and we sort of had a hard time with the application form because a lot of the words there were in kanji and we couldn't read most of them. Thankfully, someone assisted us. I really need to learn how to read and write nihonggo, I'm adding this to my goals this year.


4. I recently finished the book Wonder by RJ Palacio and I really loved it. I honestly was searching for a romance YA book just for a fun read, this book is far from romance but totally showed inspiring friendships. 

I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse.

August (Auggie) Pullman was born with a facial deformity that prevented him from going to a mainstream school—until now. He's about to start 5th grade at Beecher Prep, and if you've ever been the new kid then you know how hard that can be. The thing is Auggie's just an ordinary kid, with an extraordinary face. But can he convince his new classmates that he's just like them, despite appearances?

I also read Nimona by Noelle Stevenson (a graphic novel/comics) and it was SO ADORABLE. I loved the artwork and the story itself, it contained the perfect mix of humor, friendships, and add in a little dose of evil! I totally recommend this for a fun entertaining short read. 
Nimona is an impulsive young shapeshifter with a knack for villainy. Lord Ballister Blackheart is a villain with a vendetta. As sidekick and supervillain, Nimona and Lord Blackheart are about to wreak some serious havoc. Their mission: prove to the kingdom that Sir Ambrosius Goldenloin and his buddies at the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics aren't the heroes everyone thinks they are.


But as small acts of mischief escalate into a vicious battle, Lord Blackheart realizes that Nimona's powers are as murky and mysterious as her past. And her unpredictable wild side might be more dangerous than he is willing to admit. 


5. Footnote, by basketball I meant the game in facebook messenger, haha!


© solivagantic. Design by FCD.